Low Flow Variable Area Flow Meters, Panel Mount Rotameter for Watermakers
- Variable Area Flow Meter or Low Flow Rotameter which has been designed to offer an economical solution for liquid flow measurements.
- Flow Range (liter per hour): 10 to 100, 16 to 160 or 25 to 250 LPH.
- Customised Double Connection: 1/2″ BSP Male and 1/4″ BSP female (PP)
- Simple installation, threaded connection.
- Type: Panel Mounted.
- Body: Acrylic.
- Float & Leader: Stainless Steel.
- Fittings: PP thread.
- O-ring: Silicon rubber.
- Max Working Pressure: 1 MPA / 10 Bar / 145 PSI.
- Max Working Temperature: 60 C.
- Light weight, low cost and excellent readability rotameter.
- Used for industrial and domestic application, Widely used for watermakers, small seawater desalination systems, water treatment & filtration industry, reverse osmosis units.
- Indoor use.
- More sizes and types are available.
- Measurement Principle: Variable area flow using a float in a tapered tube made from special plastic materials.
- Operation: The fluid flows up through the tapered tube forcing the float to a position with sufficient free area to enable the flow to pass. This free area is related to the flow rate, the weight of the float and the density and viscosity of the fluid. The pressure drop across the flow meter remains constant over the entire flow range. This occurs because the pressure drop is related to the fluid velocity and area of flow, the area of flow increases as the flow rate increases.